Prime Packer Brisket, Extreme Hot-n-Fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Found a decent 22.3lb prime packer brisket at Costco.
Y'all know where I'm going with this don't ya, yep, another Extreme Hot-n-Fast brisket cook.
2.5 hours of mixed Hickory and Mesquite smoke at 275°-300°.
Then kicking the temp up to 375°-400°.
Once the IT hits 165° it'll be wrapped in paper, back into the 375°-400° and finished till probe tender.

w3TEJWy.jpg

22.3lb trimmed down to about 18lbs +/-.
Rubbed down with coarse Kosher salt, fresh cracked mixed peppercorns, granulated garlic and onion.
Wrapped in plastic wrap and set overnight to brine a bit.

Trimmed and Rubbed

16mYPJR.jpg

cJS7KBt.jpg

I2nV4vM.jpg

Into the Smoker

5HNzvpl.jpg

Looking Good

m5TIIuh.jpg

Stay Tuned Brisket Fans !

Found a decent 22.3lb prime packer brisket at Costco.
Y'all know where I'm going with this don't ya, yep, another Extreme Hot-n-Fast brisket cook.
2.5 hours of mixed Hickory and Mesquite smoke at 275°-300°.
Then kicking the temp up to 375°-400°.
Once the IT hits 165° it'll be wrapped in paper, back into the 375°-400° and finished till probe tender.

View attachment 457696

22.3lb trimmed down to about 18lbs +/-.
Rubbed down with coarse Kosher salt, fresh cracked mixed peppercorns, granulated garlic and onion.
Wrapped in plastic wrap and set overnight to brine a bit.

Trimmed and Rubbed

View attachment 457697

View attachment 457698

View attachment 457699

Into the Smoker

View attachment 457700

Looking Good

View attachment 457701

Stay Tuned Brisket Fans !
Gotta try hot n fast on a brisket.
I started my 22 lb brisket last night at 10:00 pm. Running a steady 255° ish. In a hard stall right now.
IT hasn't budged in 2 hours.
Dinner is at 6:00...if it dont move here real quick, I'll be wrapping and bumping the temp.

• Wow
Reactions: chilerelleno
Gotta try hot n fast on a brisket.
I started my 22 lb brisket last night at 10:00 pm. Running a steady 255° ish. In a hard stall right now.
IT hasn't budged in 2 hours.
Dinner is at 6:00...if it dont move here real quick, I'll be wrapping and bumping the temp.
There is Hot-n-Fast 275°-300°, and there is Extreme Hot-n-Fast 375°-400°.
Mine is a mix of the two, the initial lower temp provides more smoke flavor than the straight high temp.

Last edited:
Reactions: jokensmoken
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky