Poultry brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Vegreville, AB, Canada
Hey all,

I am in need of some ideas for a chicken brine so I can smoke a chicken for my mom for mom's day. Any ideas would be greatly apprectiated

Dennis check your PM's I just sent ya a very good one

Honestly, I've tried several seasoning mixes, but never really noticed much of a flavor difference no matter what I used. The real point of brining is to increase moisture not flavor anyways.

The ratios above sound about right...but use kosher salt..it you use table salt. cut it in half.

I wouldn't brine chicken more than about 6 hours or it may get a little salty.

Heat up the water just enough to get the salt and sugar to completely disolve, then cool it back down before adding the chicken. One way to speed up the process is to half the amount of water, then add ice to make up the difference and cool it back down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky