Potatoes in smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msradell

Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
I've been thinking about throwing a few potatoes in a smoker while doing a brisket or butt.  Does anybody have any idea how long a nice sized baked potato or sweet potato would take to cook at 225° - 250° ?  What internal temperature should they could to?

Probably take between 2 hrs. and 2.5 hrs., just take them untill the fork slides in - same as the oven.

Thanks!  I was planning on checking them with a fork but just wanted to know about when to start them.

i put a couple tabs of butter with some rub 2-21/2 hrs at 225!! amazing!! ohh and i poke it with a fork a few dozen times to get that butter and rub to soak in!! i just give it a little squeeze and if it feels done, yank that puppy!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky