Potato soup.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DocSteve

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
Potatoe soup w/ bacon and a ham bone I had from a previous smoke.

Attachments

• 20181224_030531.jpg
    20181224_030531.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20190210_081223.jpg
    20190210_081223.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 80
Nice! I have leftover ham from yesterday and am planning to make split pea soup with it. But potato soup sounds tasty too.

Nice! I have leftover ham from yesterday and am planning to make split pea soup with it. But potato soup sounds tasty too.
Thanks. Ya not a fan of split pea soup. I vaccumm pack all my ham bones and butt blades to use in soups.

I do the same. Any bones go in zip lock bag and in freezer to wait when enough is stored. I love soup. There is a pot on the stove every week.

Not that fancy. I smoked a ham, saved the bone.
I got some fancy potato soup. Added some bacon bits, crushed red pepper and let it simmer.
It's not always about making everything from scratch.

You got me thinking about using the same potatoes i used for the smoked potato salad to make potato soup since we are rapidly entering soup season.

Nice looking soup. I normally make pea soup with hambones, but this might be a good alternative.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks good. I make bacon, potato chowder a few times a year. A favorite during the cold season.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky