Pot roast. Soooo good!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 5, 2018
Elgin SC
Wanted to share a pot roast recipe I ran across on YouTube. Man this was good and packed with flavor!! Recipe below the pictures!! Enjoy!
B193FEC3-6F99-4DA2-9C05-B465BC124D51.jpeg
0E3F1A9B-1EF2-400C-9948-C715A822C35C.jpeg
503316AD-93E8-41EB-B6E0-772693D49930.jpeg
2C45CE42-5A8A-4DE9-952A-0BEBCF11C9CD.jpeg
9DE7E0EC-B5AA-4563-A1AA-687CA097DA55.jpeg
9A9C4299-AA62-47E3-814E-A3FFCA6DE8FB.jpeg

Pinned by The Cajun Ninja

The Cajun Ninja

1 year ago

POT ROAST & GRAVY

Chuck Roast (2-3lbs)

Kosher Salt

Coarse Black Pepper

Flour

2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil

1 Yellow Onion

1 (8oz) Pack of Sliced Mushrooms

4 Cloves of Garlic

1 Cup of Water

1 Box Onion Soup Mix (2 envelopes)

2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce

2 Tablespoons of Pickapeppa Sauce

4 Sticks of Celery

5 Carrots

2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch

1/2 Cup of Cold Water

Start out by heating a 5 to 6 quart pot or larger on a Medium to Med/Low heat.

Chop the Onion and Garlic. Set aside.

Generously season both sides of the roast with Kosher Salt and Coarse Black Pepper. Pat down the seasoning on all sides.

Dust the roast with flour on all sides.

Coat bottom of pan with the Vegetable Oil.

Sear roast for 8-10 minutes on each side. Monitor at the 5 to 6 minute mark in case your pot is too hot.

Once the roast has a nice sear on each side, remove it from the pot and place into a bowl off on the side.

Add the Onions and Garlic to the pot with a small amount of cold water to break up the drippings. Sauté for about 5 minutes, then add the Mushrooms. Sauté until onions are very soft.

Meanwhile, mix the Cup of Water, both Envelopes from the box of Onion Soup Mix, Worcestershire Sauce, and Pickapeppa Sauce.

Pour a small amount of mixture in with the Onions and Mushrooms. Stir, push Mushrooms and Onions to one side, and add the roast to the other side. Scoop some Mushrooms and Onion on top the roast. Pour rest of Onion Soup mixture on top of the roast.

Bring to a boil, Cover, and let cook for 1 hour.

At this time cut your Celery and Carrots into larger pieces. Put into a bowl on the side.

After the 1 hour mark add the Celery and Carrots to the pot. Bring to a boil, Cover, and cook for another hour and a half.

At the end of the hour and a half mark, remove the roast from the pot, placing into a bowl on the side.

Mix the Cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water together, and slowly stir into the pot.

Break apart the roast, and then add back to the pot. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.

Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

I am stuffed!!!! Yes indeed!!

I like the flavors going on here. Was planing on doing a venison neck roast soon. I might use this!

Looks delicious bud

Thanks Jake!!
Love us some great tasting comfort food and it doesn't get better than what you posted. Like!
Appreciate it!!

Looks and sounds delicious!

Ryan
Thanks!!

Heck, you had me a pot roast!
Good stuff!!
Great looking pot roast. Like the rice idea I'm not a big white tater person.

Warren

Sometimes taters can be too much. This was perfect over rice

Reactions: rc4u
Found this recipe. Venison in my 7qt Dutchie now.!! Wow!! Smells amazing in here.

Attachments

• 20210919_115214.jpg
    20210919_115214.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 8
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky