Posting Pictures - HELP!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking in ft. collins

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
So I am trying to post some pics and cannot seem to get them down to the 19.5kb size requirement. I have decreased them in size and have gotten them down to ~25kb, but then they are 256 color bitmaps that are about 100x80 pixels.

What am I doing wrong???

John

In my experience, bitmaps are pretty file heavy. Vbulletin will usually resize everything automatically although not sure if it works on .bmp files. Try to convert them to .jpg for best results.

I thought the new MS Paint would convert to different formats but I could be wrong.

I use these high dollar programs due to the extensive use of images on some of my websites and am probably not the right person to tell you how to resize/reformat using standard windows programs.

If nobody else comes in with some help, let me know and I may have time to go check out MS Paint to see if it will reformat images.

Are you trying to post an avatar or profile pic? I don't think there are any restrictions on anything else.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky