Pork with sauerkraut.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I made and posted this in the past. But last night. I bumped the game by using San Marzano tomatoes. And silver floss sauerkraut. This sauerkraut is my favorite. And hard to get here ever since covid. Ann scored a jar.
IMG_20221029_132250907.jpg

IMG_20221029_165819828.jpg

This was perfect! I've included the original thread. The only other thing different was I made roasted garlic mashed with sour cream, bacon bits, and white cheddar.

I made and posted this in the past. But last night. I bumped the game by using San Marzano tomatoes. And silver floss sauerkraut. This sauerkraut is my favorite. And hard to get here ever since covid. Ann scored a jar.
View attachment 647388

View attachment 647389

This was perfect! I've included the original thread. The only other thing different was I made roasted garlic mashed with sour cream, bacon bits, and white cheddar.
Looks awesome! i love the silver floss too. I toss in some caraway seeds with it.

Reactions: chopsaw
Sounds and looks good . I'm with Bill on the caraway . I've been buying Cleveland Kraut . Eat it right out of the bag .
I'll have to look for that brand .

Reactions: bill ace 350
Quality ingredients there. I can't speak for the kraut as we don't have that brand around here. I buy Frank's kraut in the bag. Nice choice on the San Marzano tomatoes. We had a Oktoberfest party yesterday I did the kraut and sausage. I always peel a couple potatoes and let them oxidize on the counter for a few hours. Then I grate them fine or puree them in a blender and add them to the kraut. It takes the edge off the sharpness off the vinegar. People who normally won't eat kraut will eat it as do the kids.

Wow! That looks incredible! I started buying the expensive tomatoes too. Does make a difference! Awesome as always!

Nice Steve, I have made your dish a couple times now, need to find the silver floss and prep it with some lingonberry.

Wow Steve that looks great. Nicely done. Silver floss is readily available here.

Point for sure
Chris

Great timing. I thawed a rack of spare ribs for the wife.
She prefers her pork and kraut using spare ribs.
We use Frank's too. Never hear of Silver Floss. Whats makes it special?

Looks awesome! i love the silver floss too. I toss in some caraway seeds with it.
Thanks! Never had caraway seeds in kraut. Need to try that.
looks very good!!
Thank you!
Nice hearty meal there Steve for sure.
Thanks David

My dad loved his sauerkraut, and his brother used to make his own.

David
I've thought about making my own as well.

Sounds and looks good . I'm with Bill on the caraway . I've been buying Cleveland Kraut . Eat it right out of the bag .
I'll have to look for that brand .
Thank you! Haven't heard of that brand before.

Man Steve looks great and has given me a real urge for something like this now!
Thanks Jeff!
Man that looks delicious!
Thanks!

Quality ingredients there. I can't speak for the kraut as we don't have that brand around here. I buy Frank's kraut in the bag. Nice choice on the San Marzano tomatoes. We had a Oktoberfest party yesterday I did the kraut and sausage. I always peel a couple potatoes and let them oxidize on the counter for a few hours. Then I grate them fine or puree them in a blender and add them to the kraut. It takes the edge off the sharpness off the vinegar. People who normally won't eat kraut will eat it as do the kids.
Thank you! No Franks up this way.
Wow! That looks incredible! I started buying the expensive tomatoes too. Does make a difference! Awesome as always!
Thank you!
Nice Steve, I have made your dish a couple times now, need to find the silver floss and prep it with some lingonberry.
Thanks! Had to google that one.
Boy howdy that's a fine looking dish Steve, nice work! RAY
Thanks Ray!

Pork and kraut just go together...
Lol! Sure do!

Wow Steve that looks great. Nicely done. Silver floss is readily available here.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Great timing. I thawed a rack of spare ribs for the wife.
She prefers her pork and kraut using spare ribs.
We use Frank's too. Never hear of Silver Floss. Whats makes it special?
I don't know. Just think it tastes better.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks amazing Steve!! When you posted it last time I just had to make it...and the stuff was fantastic!! This is a great reminder that cool weather is coming and this WILL get made again. Nice job my friend.

Robert

Yum!!!
Looks Mighty Tasty, Steve!!
Nice Job Steve !

Bear
Thanks John!
Looks amazing Steve!! When you posted it last time I just had to make it...and the stuff was fantastic!! This is a great reminder that cool weather is coming and this WILL get made again. Nice job my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert! These 2 upgrades really improved the taste. Not saying it wasn't great the last time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky