Pork Top Loin Roast, Boneless

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

garyinmd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I was looking to do some pulled pork today but the local supermarkets did not have pork butts or picnics so I picked up a top loin boneless roast instead.  I have been reading this will not work well for pulling due to low fat content so I have decided just to cut it up instead.  I have looked at multiple sites and have seen the cook times and temps all over the place, any thoughts here. 

I have been a member for quite some time and have found the site and help great, just could not find anything that made me comfortable with this cut of pork.

I put on Jeff's rub last night and have the Masterbuilt Elec Smoker and everything ready to go.

I did a little pork roast a while back, pulled it at 150 and sliced it(awesome) is that what is being talked about here? 

p.s. I know this is an old post, just wondering if I could make this cut taste better,i.e pulled pork

If it's a pork loin you may want to consider butterflying & stuffing it. You may also want to wrap it in bacon to keep it moist.

Went back and looked at my notes, I pulled it off at 155deg and wrapped in towel/cooler for about a half hour.  It came out ok but not my best smoke by any means.  Due to company I had to rush it at the end to get it up to temp.  Al, I have used the bacon trick a few times lately and it does make a difference, never thought about it back then.

It must be a difference in meat designations in different regions.  I have heard of a pork loin, but never of a pork top loin?  Generally the differentiation in top and bottom loin comes with beef.  No wonder we always get so confused?

Good luck and good smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky