Pork Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 17, 2006
West Virginia
Bought a small pork butt, just under 6 lbs, and a fattie for the weekend smoke. Was a beautiful day yesterday but had to do some mowing and since I had to work again last night I stayed away from the smoker until this morning. Got up to 60 degrees and a slow steady cool rain
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif
. Oh well, have to improvise....removed the patio umbrella from the table and placed it up and over the smoker, can't let a little rain spoil a good smoke! Worked perfect. Rolled out the fattie and sprinkled some shredded mozzarella cheese, granulated garlic powder and my rub. Rolled it up and applied the rub to the outside as well. Placed it on the smoker with the rubbed butt and the thin blue smoke of hickory and cherry was making me hungry. Due to the weather, had to keep at it to maintain a steady temperature but finally got it settled in at 225 degrees. Here is a pic of the fattie and I will post one of the butt when it's done.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

da322cbe_vbattach12820.jpg

Yer makin' me hungry WVSmokeMan! Looks great... can't wait to see the pork! BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one that utilizes the patio umbrella for shelter!

Looks good WVSM!

Gotta love those fatties, there's no end to what you can do with them. They also help keep you from starving to death before the big meats ready.

looks yummmmy!! I am sitting here looking at posts waiting for my ribs to be done. almost time to unfoil and sauce. Man am I hungry!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky