Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbnice1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
So with turkey day fast approaching, then christmas shortly after that I figured Id do some pork this weekend. We do prime rib for christmas, which I will hopefully remember to document this year... I get excited and a little drunk and forget every year!

Tied bother loins together to make them a bit bigger!
IMG_4360.jpg

coated with light coating a yellow mustard then my rub!
IMG_4362.jpg

Wrapped up then in the fridge till tomorrow morning. It will go on the smoker for 2 hours then in the sous vide for 7-8 hours at 142f. Last time it was amazing!
Will try to remember to grab pics after the smoker and the sousvide.
IMG_4363.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
Those look more like tenderloins to me. I really like tenders. I just smoke them until they get in the 140ish range and pull them. The carry over will take them up to 145*. It sounds like you have a proven plan, enjoy them babies.

Chris

They are tenderloins....
And I used to just smoke them as well. This method gives them a bit of smoke flavor, however the outside/skin is much much more tender. They almost have a texture like beef fillet minion.

Ok its out of the smoker and vac bagged and into the SV. I went a little longer then I wanted to on the smoker. Damn youtube sucked me in again. Im hoping a little butter in the bag will help.

IMG_4365.jpg
IMG_4367.jpg

ok turned out fantastic! not dry, super tender, great flavor.

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky