Pork Steaks (SV to Grill)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pork Steaks (SV to Grill) Stir Fried Leftovers

I had 2 of these left in my freezer, since February of 2019, so I figured it was time.
I had made a bunch of them with various indoor toys last year, so this time I’m going to finish on my Weber “Q”.
So I already had these two sealed & Frozen, so I started thawing them, and then put them in my Sous Vide Supreme at 3PM @ 140°, & kept them in until about 3:30 the next day (24 1/2 hours).
Then I took them out to my Weber “Q”, and flipped them around a few times, until I was happy with their appearance.
Then the first night I plated with some Cut Green Beans & some Roasted Tater slices.

Then for the second Night, I cut up a bunch of leftover Pork Steak into bite size pieces.
Then I threw some leftover Roasted Tater Slices in the pan with butter, & fried them up.
Then I put the Pork pieces in a Pan with some Kelchner’s Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade.
Then I added leftover Cut Green Beans, while stirring the Pork.
Then I threw some Baby Corn in with the Pork & Green Beans, and continued to stir.
Then I plated that whole Mix, with the Fried Roasted Tater Slices to complete my meal.

That’s about it. Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

Two Pork Steaks in the rack, ready for a 24 hour ride in my Sous Vide Supreme @ 140°:
IMG_5371.jpg

Then to the Grill with some Kelchner's Pineapple Teriyaki marinade:
IMG_5380.jpg

After First Flip:
IMG_5381.jpg

Needs one more Flip:
IMG_5382.jpg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_5383.jpg

Next Night's ingredients ready to start:
IMG_5384.jpg

Tater Slices in Butter:
IMG_5385.jpg

Getting nice & Browned & crispy----Then set these aside:
IMG_5386.jpg

Started with Meat, Beans, and Kelchners Pineapple Teriyaki:
IMG_5387.jpg

Add some Baby Corn:
IMG_5388.jpg

Keep Stirring:
IMG_5389.jpg

Plated Stir-Fry with Sliced Fried Roasted Taters:
IMG_5390.jpg

Beautiful piece of work Bear, that teriyaki plate really catches my eye, Like! RAY

looks Mighty Tasty my Friend, Gotta try Pork steaks in the SV, haven't done that.
Does it make a noticeable difference ?

Gary

That stir fry really looks great Bear!! Tasty use of leftovers.

I saw that Kelchner‘s make marinades too. After the hot mustard thread, I went on their product locator and saw they carry the marinades at some nearby Giants. Ever try some of the others?

Some good looking meals Bear! We love stir fry, and yours looks really good

Ryan

Looks awesome Bear! Im gonna have to try the S.V. on the pork steaks! Stir fry looks good too!

That's good 'ol fashioned comfort food for me.

Thank You Norm!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

looks Mighty Tasty my Friend, Gotta try Pork steaks in the SV, haven't done that.
Does it make a noticeable difference ?

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yes it really gets more tender in the SV.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those look great Bear. Gonna have to try the SV for pork steaks next time.

Thank You John!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice twist on the stir fry . I like that .

Thank You Rich!!
I don't usually do that kind of thing, but it worked out real good!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That stir fry really looks great Bear!! Tasty use of leftovers.

I saw that Kelchner‘s make marinades too. After the hot mustard thread, I went on their product locator and saw they carry the marinades at some nearby Giants. Ever try some of the others?

Thank You!!!
I've always used their Horseradish, but now I got some Horseradish Sauce too, and about 3 or 4 other Mainades to try, and I think I got one of their Cocktail sauce too.
I'll be trying them as needed.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious John . you had me at baby corn!

Thank You Brian!!
Good to see you, Ole Buddy!!
LOL---Those little guys are pretty good, as a side.
The first time I ever saw them was at a Salad Bar.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky