• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork spare ribs

nmaust

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 4, 2013
This was a partial rack, so I did them 2-2-1 at 250. The flavor and color was awesome, & they had a great smoke ring, but they weren't quite tender enough.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks great. If you want more tender then do 2-2.5-1 or 2.5-2.5-1

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hours on smoker-hours foiled-hours back on smoker naked. please introduce yourself in roll call. the pork forum has lots of great info, check out pork sticky.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010
This was a partial rack, so I did them 2-2-1 at 250. The flavor and color was awesome, & they had a great smoke ring, but they weren't quite tender enough.
I think 3-2-.5 since I have a very similar rack on right now. I am two hours in and they dont look ready to foil yet for me.

Last edited:

trigus

Joined Nov 22, 2013
3-2-1 @ 225.

3 hours bone side down, 2 hours foiled meat side down (a little liquid of choice,) 1 hour bone side down w/sauce.

2 weeks ago I did 8 racks - brined for 4 hours - rubbed - membrane demoed after 3 - thin vinegar based sauce add on 2 - thick sauce added on 1 - had to use a fish spatula to lift off grate. Meat was tender, juicy, falling off bone.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.