Pork Shoulder AND Brisket; gotta post somewhere...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, the butt was a winner. My wife is usually pretty picky; this time she went back for seconds.
biggrin.gif

7a273fda_vbattach14221.jpg

a626e35b_vbattach14220.jpg

2addf66f_vbattach14219.jpg

7d06a33a_vbattach14218.jpg

Looks wonder full.

For the cutting of the brisket cut against the grain. If you did not make note of the direction before smoking then what I would do is cut a slice off of the side and try to figure out which way the grain runs

That is one nice looking brisket. I love that bark. It ALL looks very good. I bet it tasted as good as it looks. I cut my briskets right in half. It makes finding that line that separates the point from the flat very easy.

Thanks for all the high praise. The butt was truly great, but I am sad the report the brisket was less than stellar. It was not done long enough; not nearly tender enough. The flovor was good, but confusing; the weber kicken chicken was a poor choice. It's edible, just not great. I'll be the only one eating it I suppose. Can't win em all...

I'll try another one in a month or so.

Someone asked about the beer. It's nothing special; JW dundee's American Pale Ale from a "craft pack" beer sampler 12 pack. I get it cheap here and buy it occasionally. I thought it would look good in the Q-view shot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky