Pork prices...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No personal experience with the Waddle but I’ve heard they are along the lines of the Duroc. I’d say green light on those.
I'll take a waddle too... From my understanding there is the red waddle and the black. Large population of red waddle in Texas, likely descendant of the black. The black waddle is known to have existed in Italy way back before the Asian breeds were introduced there. It is THE domestic pig that was used to make Culatello originally...

I'll take a waddle too... From my understanding there is the red waddle and the black. Large population of red waddle in Texas, likely descendant of the black. The black waddle is known to have existed in Italy way back before the Asian breeds were introduced there. It is THE domestic pig that was used to make Culatello originally...
That’s good info. Any clue where the black pigs is Spain came from. The Iberian. Any relation to the Waddle?

I have read multiple articles that say red wattle meat has marbling very much like a nice cut of beef. I've seen a picture that looked like a ribeye with the marbling it had

Reactions: indaswamp
It all boils down to Control and profit.
You know whats interesting about that article is that it talks about Smithfield.....Which is owned by a Chinese company. And how they have had to close US processing plants. Pretty soon all of our pork will be speaking Mandarian.

Jim

In my opinion our government should block all such sales to China and other countries we wouldn't consider allies. I'm glad I have about 6 bellies in r freezer.

No foreign country whether friend or foe should be allowed to be involved in any area of our domestic food production.
It doesn't stop with Smithfield
Check out Brazilian owned JBS

Reactions: Retired Spook
I have read multiple articles that say red wattle meat has marbling very much like a nice cut of beef. I've seen a picture that looked like a ribeye with the marbling it had
From the Article above....
but this very important P.I.G. can be distinguished on the charcutier’s shelf by its proprietary peculiarity: a consistent distribution of intramuscular fat, which also allows the meat, deep red in color initially, to undergo rapid cooking while maintaining the right balance of flavor and tenderness.

Much like the red waddle....cousins indeed.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Fareway has bone in pork butt this week $1.48 per lb.
Was gonna have my wife get some today from our Fareway but then noticed it's a 3 day sale for Thurs, Fri, Sat only. I'll go back to get some. But she did get 3 more bellies @ 2.99 lb. Will start to replenish my supply... have about 30 to 35 lbs I smoked yesterday and today.

Ryan

Was gonna have my wife get some today from our Fareway but then noticed it's a 3 day sale for Thurs, Fri, Sat only. I'll go back to get some. But she did get 3 more bellies @ 2.99 lb. Will start to replenish my supply... have about 30 to 35 lbs I smoked yesterday and today.

Ryan
Don’t forget to get the pork riblets! I like them almost as much as baby backs! I’ll stock up on butts, riblets and bellies tomorrow

Don’t forget to get the pork riblets! I like them almost as much as baby backs! I’ll stock up on butts, riblets and bellies tomorrow
Didn't even see them in the ad... I'll look again!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky