Pork loin tacos with charred pineapple corn salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Well once again it was another taco Tuesday. I know I have done a lot of taco posts but they always turn out so good I have to share with everyone. Saturday we finally had a little break from the wind and icy rain and I smoked a half pork loin. Salt pepper and cherry wood to keep it simple. So I had a good size chunk of it leftover in the fridge and figured that would work just fine for taco night.

Started with the leftover loin
0128201857.jpg

Cubed up and put into a store baught marinade and let it sit while making the salsa. I was not sure how much flavor it would take on since the meat was already cooked but I figured I would give it a shot.
0128202029.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of making the pineapple corn salsa. I had a half onion and half red pepper from the other night and a few leftover pineapple rings in the fridge. Diced them up and charred them in a cast iron along with the corn. Mixed it in with a can of diced tomatoes with green chillis a little cilantro and lime.
0128202028.jpg

Got the cast iron good and hot and dumped in the cubed pork loin
0128202113.jpg

Got a nice char on it.
0128202146.jpg

Heat up some tortillas. l did this in the cast iron as well
0128202152.jpg

Then assembled the tacos. Pork loin topped with the salsa. And a little sour cream,cilantro and cotija cheese.
0128202216a.jpg
0128202217e.jpg

They were real good. The combination of the heat from the pork and the sweet of the pineapple corn salsa was a perfect pair. Then putting a char on everything really topped it off. It was another successful taco night! Thanks for looking!

The taco bandit strikes again! Like the versatility of using lefotver pork loin and then the salsa. We use the cotija cheese too when doing tacos. Looks great!

Looks awesome Sowsage! As you probably know, I love my tacos around here, that salsa sounds great. I’ll have to “borrow” it one day.

I’ll take your other 6 since Chile took the others!

Like!!

Tasty looking meal there sowsage...gotta stop looking at food posts, now I'm starving! What is cotija cheese, don't think I've ever heard of it

Ryan

Hot Damn!
Right up my alley, some fine as hell use of leftovers.
Mmmmm, fix me about six of those.
Like!
Thanks ! Leftovers are great for turning into new things! 6? Thats just a teaser lol
The taco bandit strikes again! Like the versatility of using lefotver pork loin and then the salsa. We use the cotija cheese too when doing tacos. Looks great!
Thanks! This was deffinatly a great way to use the leftovers. I'll be doing it again I'm sure. I like the cotija ...its a little more salty than some others
Looks Great, Sow!!!
I could handle a couple of those!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! They were tasty!
Looks awesome Sowsage! As you probably know, I love my tacos around here, that salsa sounds great. I’ll have to “borrow” it one day.

I’ll take your other 6 since Chile took the others!

Like!!
Thanks xray! That salsa was great. I do a lot of that kind in the summer. You can add whatever fruit you like and black beans go well also.
Tasty looking meal there sowsage...gotta stop looking at food posts, now I'm starving! What is cotija cheese, don't think I've ever heard of it

Ryan
Thanks! It was a real tasty meal indeed! Cotija is a Mexican crumbling cheese. Its got a little tang and a good amount of saltiness. Think of it like Mexico's parmisian cheese.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Another winner! We totally do the "leftover Mexican" thing here too. I am planning on sharing one here too unless you beat me to it. :emoji_laughing:

Beautiful tacos! I'm definitely impressed and inspired here. I'm going to have to give something like this a try very soon. I'm more of a burrito fan as far as presentation is concerned so I might just use burrito tortillas but I may just go with the same kind of taco shells you have there. My mouth is watering right now. Thanks for sharing and thumbs up.

G

Great looking tacos. I am digging everything but the cilantro. I just cannot acquire a taste for the stuff.
Thanks! Most people I know either love or hate cilantro! Of course I'm on the love side lol!
Another winner! We totally do the "leftover Mexican" thing here too. I am planning on sharing one here too unless you beat me to it. :emoji_laughing:
Thanks! Cant wait to see what you share!
Bingo! Those look very tasty! Nice work for sure!
thank you!

Beautiful tacos! I'm definitely impressed and inspired here. I'm going to have to give something like this a try very soon. I'm more of a burrito fan as far as presentation is concerned so I might just use burrito tortillas but I may just go with the same kind of taco shells you have there. My mouth is watering right now. Thanks for sharing and thumbs up.

G
Thanks! The thing about stuff like this is you can switch it up for things you like or just using what you have on hand. Burritos would be great!

Those tacos look darned yummy! I'm more of a burrito fan also, sometimes I roll them and fry them up in veg oil to make a flauta, dip in guac. Like, RAY

Those tacos look darned yummy! I'm more of a burrito fan also, sometimes I roll them and fry them up in veg oil to make a flauta, dip in guac. Like, RAY
Thanks RAY! The flauta sound amazing. I was going to make some guac but the last avacado we had was no good. Oh well next time I guess!

Fantastic looking tacos!! Love the corn salsa. Tracy is a Kansas native and corn junkie. Me thinks it may be time to make some of that for her. Great looking meal, big LIKE, and thanks for sharing

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky