Pork Loin Roast w/ Porketta Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the ovarian Jcam lol, I appreciate it. We eat the salad quite a bit, it's just a few ingredients and takes no time to prepare. We like to eat it as a side.

The pickled turnips are delicious, I snack on them all winter, I think they're better than a cucumber because of the crunch factor. These were the best batch yet since I used some of tx smoker tx smoker pepper mix.

Thanks Jcap, like fennel too! I toned it down on this rub, I'll have to run it by the wife and she if she likes it better this way.
Haha yea I guess I didn’t catch that typo lol

I see it, and "Like" it! Looks delicious, nice job. RAY
Looks awesome bud

Thanks guys!

That loin looks great Joe, and next to spinach - turnip is a favorite veggie of mine. Never had it pickled usually I just eat it in it's raw form cut into spears.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! I like raw turnips too with a little salt as a snack. If you like dill pickles, you will like these. They make a great substitute in the winter when we don't see good cucumbers. I kinda like them better because they have a nice crunch to them.

Here's the recipe. My last batch I used a tsp. of hot pepper powder. They have some nice heat.

Pickled Turnips

Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks guys!

Thanks Chris! I like raw turnips too with a little salt as a snack. If you like dill pickles, you will like these. They make a great substitute in the winter when we don't see good cucumbers. I kinda like them better because they have a nice crunch to them.

Here's the recipe. My last batch I used a tsp. of hot pepper powder. They have some nice heat.

Pickled Turnips
These are a classic add in on a lot of Mediterranean foods too, love the pickled turnips on a Chicken Shawarma wrap. They add a few beets to turn them red.

These are a classic add in on a lot of Mediterranean foods too, love the pickled turnips on a Chicken Shawarma wrap. They add a few beets to turn them red.

I've omitted the beets when I make them because I'm not a fan of them..especially to eat them by themselves. I like beet pickled eggs so I guess adding them next time won't hurt. I'm weird like that.

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks Richie! I appreciate the like. No problem with the mention, you got the bug in my head to make it. I believe you cut back the fennel as well, right?

Joe I like fennel my wife doesn't but she loved how this dish turned out. I wish I could see it going riding around on the Carousel.
Richie

I still can not see it on the Carousel!!
I just bought a new PC today thinking my old system was bad.
Richie

It's gone now. There has been a complete turnover of threads since yesterday. Carousel is now down to 5 spots and they are featuring new cooks pretty quickly these days.

Robert
Robert Thanks it only had 5 items yesterday.
Richie
I can just run down stairs an open the jar LOL

I had the same issues yesterday morning Richie. I saw threads that had "featured" beside them but were not visible. They did another "upgrade" recently just to the carousel and it's been a bit flaky ever since. I have no doubt they will get it back to normal though.

Robert

I just bought a new PC today thinking my old system was bad.
Richie
I needed a new PC any way
Richie

I saw it on the carousel really quickly Richie. Probably has to do with the new web format and layout. It's no biggie though...I am glad you got to see the thread since you inspired me to cook that for dinner.

I feel like I miss a lot of people's great posts, they pass by fast. I've started posting and replying using my home PC since it's so much more easier. Before that, all I used was my phone.

I have a pretty high end PC and large monitior, don't know why I haven't utilized it more for SMF, using my phone compared to this is just a crime!

Wow Joe that pork loin looks absolutely fantastic! And I can attest to the Arugula salad it has become one of the favorites in my house! Points for sure!

See if I hadn't of just been scrolling through the pork section I would have completely missed this even though it says featured. My surf/turf says it is featured too but never saw it riding. No biggie just hate that its passing so quick I don't get enough time to look at it all and miss stuff!

Joe That looks great.
Thank You to the Admin and Staff the Forum is looking Great again.
Richie

Wow Joe that pork loin looks absolutely fantastic! And I can attest to the Arugula salad it has become one of the favorites in my house! Points for sure!

See if I hadn't of just been scrolling through the pork section I would have completely missed this even though it says featured. My surf/turf says it is featured too but never saw it riding. No biggie just hate that its passing so quick I don't get enough time to look at it all and miss stuff!

Thanks John! Your surf and turf was just too good to be missed! Seems like time is moving fast these days, I just try to keep up.

It's back up there now!! Carousel went from 5 threads to 20 and the additional 15 were picked up as threads that were only there a very short period of time. Congrats to the mods for getting that back on track. Great work on their end I must say

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky