Pork Loin Carnitas In A Cheddar Cheese Bowl (With Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks delicious Robert! That's a great idea, now that you posted it I do remember seeing them also. You definitely think outside the box!

Thanks Ryan!! It's people like you that keep me thinking up weird stuff to do :emoji_laughing:

That would be a different type of meal. I like it !

It was certainly different but will be done frequently. Thank you for the kind words.

they look delicous Robert!

Thanks so much Jim. They were tasty, that's for sure.

Well done sir! That looks FANTASTIC! What kind of cheese did you use? I really want to try these.

Appreciate the kind words. As stated in the title of the thread and a couple times in the commentary, the cheese was cheddar :emoji_wink:

Robert

Wow very nice meal Robert! Love the idea of the bowl! I bet it was good.

Thank you Joe. I'd thought about the bowls for a while and decided to go ahead and try it. they came out well. I don't see me buying shells from a store any more.

Robert, awesome... just awesome! That is one top notch and creative meal my friend! Very nice job!

Very much appreciate it Justin. I was happy with the way it all turned out. Was kind of a crap shoot, but so was everything at one point in time :emoji_wink:

That's fantastic Robert. You did it again! Now this is all I can think about. Great out of the box or bowl thinking. Thanks for sharing and stay safe.

Thank you Mike. As stated, the creativity stems from the people here. I just have a way of doing some really weird things with other people's good ideas.

Dang Robert. That looks like incredible! Those cheese shells are on my short list. Like!

Very much appreciated my friend. I highly recommend trying the cheese for bowls or taco shells.

Did a shoulder in Dutch oven couple days ago for al pastor tacos ... will have to try the cheese bowls.

Give the shells or bowls a go. They are simple to do and only take a few minutes but they take a basic meal to a whole new level.

Robert

Those look great. Your Smoked Cheddar, sooo Delicious, would be good for these! What I have left will be topping Carnita and Salsa Verde Enchiladas on Superbowl Sunday...JJ

Thanks so much Ray. Truth be told all of the creativity and inspiration comes from people in the forum. Prior to finding thisplace I couldn't boil pasta.

Yes sir, I guess he kinda did :emoji_wink:

This one was fun Jake. We are cheese junkies and this just takes things to another level. BTW, your fajitas looked fantastic!!

Thank you Jeff and thank you for the idea. This was just a blast. I think I'm going to make some taco shells like this but use a flat piece of wood to drape them over. This will give a flat bottom so the shells will stand up.

Robert
Yep that’s a good plan. Also you can carefully roll when still pretty hot to do enchiladas or burritos. That is actually our favorite way to do them. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/barbacoa.300262/

Appreciate the kind words. As stated in the title of the thread and a couple times in the commentary, the cheese was cheddar :emoji_wink:
Robert

Oh my that was a stupid question. Got caught up in pics. Thanks for replying and encouraging my idiocracy. :emoji_head_bandage:

Thinking maybe some smoked cheddar. I like the idea of different molds.

Agree with getting so many inspirations here!

Not sure how I missed this one....but dang Robert those look soooooo good!! Nice work on the cheese cups/bowls!

Had to try this on small scale as a snack.
Smoked cheddar- needed to go thinner, ramiken flat top bowl
IMG_1840.jpg

Some fresh shredded mexican style random Sous vide pork loin pulled out today and toasted in oven
IMG_1842.jpg

Piled on with some guacamole, shredded cheddar and chipotle sauce
IMG_1843.jpg

Kinda rolled it and ate. Guac squirted out through cheese which was interesting to look at! Simple and genius! Thanks Robert. This was the trial. Need all the fixings next. Like a kid on Christmas!

Oh my that was a stupid question.

I honestly believe that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask :emoji_wink:

Thanks for replying and encouraging my idiocracy

Was only trying to encourage your powers of observation. Nothing demeaning meant at all.

Thinking maybe some smoked cheddar

I thought about that but my stash of smoked cheddar is running kinda low and these take quite a bit of cheese.

Not sure how I missed this one....but dang Robert those look soooooo good!! Nice work on the cheese cups/bowls!

Thank you Travis!! They were fun, creative, and really good. They were also super easy to make. Now let's see you do a 5-pound version :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Sowsage
Had to try this on small scale as a snack.

I am truly honored and humbled that you found this worthy of trying. Looks like you pulled it off really well and put together a nice snack. Now to go big time and do something along the lines of a 5-course meal in a cheese bowl :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: MJB05615
I am truly honored and humbled that you found this worthy of trying. Looks like you pulled it off really well and put together a nice snack. Now to go big time and do something along the lines of a 5-course meal in a cheese bowl :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Will be working on that one. Pics will be needed!

You were not demeaning at all. I am embarrassed as an educator with a masters. Scary stuff! LOL

Oh heck ya! The cheese taco bowl is exceptionally cool!

Double Like!

The wife and I make tradional carnitas about every other month. The first time we made it with the fruits and the (strangely-odd) spices, I thought there was no way that this can be the same stuff I get at my fave Tex-Mex restaurant...but it absolutely was.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky