Pork for the 4th- Cuban Stuffed Pork Loin and more....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
One of my favorites is stuffed Pork Loin. I have posted a few different cooks in the past. Friday, I picked up a whole loin for a good price, trimmed it and cut it in half. I decided to do two different recipes. The first one that I have done many times and it always comes out great. The Balsamic mushroom and onion stuffed loin. The second I decided to experiment a little. Back in the mid 90's, I was in Miami and had a Cuban sandwich for the first time in my life. Ever since, the Cuban Sandwich is one of my favorites. So, I decided to try making a Cuban Stuffed Pork Loin, basically everything but the bread.

1st The Balsamic Mushroom & Onion

Fried up some Pancetta
Panchetta.jpg

Some Onions and Butter
onions.jpg

Sauteed onions in butter and some of the Pancetta grease
mushrooms.jpg

Reduced Balsamic Vinegar into the onions
Onions2.jpg

Butterflied the the first Pork Loin
Pork1.jpg

Added Cream Cheese, some rub and the Pancetta to the butterflied Pork Loin
Pork Creamcheese.jpg
+

Added the mushroom and onions
Pork Mushrooms.jpg

Added Spinach and Manchengo Cheese
Pork Manchango .jpg

Tied it up and ready for rub and onto the Pit Barrel
Pork Tied up.jpg

Next the Cuban

I mixed Mayo, Mustard, Lemon Zest and Cayenne Pepper
Cuban Mustard.jpg

Coated the butterflied Pork Loin with the mustard
Pork Mustard.jpg

Layered in just over 1/2# of ham
Pork Ham.jpg

Added Swiss Cheese
Pork Swiss.jpg

Added Sliced Dill Pickles
Pork Pickles.jpg

Smoked both Loins at 300 with Cherry and Apple wood until the IT was 145, Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Onionmushroom Final.jpg

The Cuban. I coated the outside with more of the mustard and my all purpose rub
Cuban Final.jpg

Final Plate!
Final Plate.jpg

Both turned out great. Next time I do the Cuban, I will add cream cheese to the Mustard blend for a more creamy filling.

Everyone enjoyed and left over's for lunch this week.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Great idea,I could definately tear into that! I have only ever had a couple authentic Cuban sandwiches and they sure are tasty.
Agreed, IMHO the mustard blend is the key to the proper flavor and the bread, but no bread in this one.

Thanks,

Jason

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky