Pork danger zone question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok so I'm kinda concussed 40 to 145 right is the danger zone? So how does it get from 40 to 145 without being in the danger zone for a period of time?

Ok so I'm kinda concussed 40 to 145 right is the danger zone? So how does it get from 40 to 145 without being in the danger zone for a period of time?
The danger zone...  It's recommended 4 hours or less in that temp zone..

Cook in an elevated temperature so the meat warms fairly fast...  recommended oven temp is 225 F and higher... 

If you are using cure #1 in the meat, the danger zone doesn't apply... 

Whenever you smoke meats, cure #1 is pretty much mandatory to prevent botulism poisoning... 

Whole muscle meats are considered sterile on the inside so..  a high temp, at first, to kill surface bacteria is recommended..   as an example...  I cook "some" prime rib at 450 for the first 10-15 minutes, then lower the temp to 200-225 and cook to 125-130 ish IT..  That gives the meat a nice bark without overcooking the interior..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky