Pork Cuff

Discussion in 'Pork' started by tonto1117, May 5, 2007.

1. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Was wondering if any of you have ever heard of a cut of pork called a pork Cuff. Was talking this morning with Ben Lang and he mentioned he had thrown a couple "Pork Cuffs" on his smoker this morning and conversation got to somthin else befoe I could ask him what that was. Is it a regional term??

2. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Have never heard of it here. I suspect that it would be near the hocks or are the hocks.

be iteresting if anyone knows for sure.

3. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Theresa..
    Sorry ..I never heard of that before either...may be a regional thing...could it be like ..ham hocks...

4. teacup13

teacup13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

IMO which usually means nothing..lol

but a cuff to me would be where a joint moves... like rotator cuff.... shoulder joint

5. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well you sure got me stumped!! I even called my little brother (still cutting meat for a living) and he doesn't have a clue although he thought it might have something to do with the shoulder joint/forearm part of the hog.

6. Is it possible you misunderstood him? I can't even guess what a "cuff" could be.

7. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Theresa...its not a term used in the proper nomenclature....must be something somebody decided to call it ,sometimes some shops will do this [​IMG]

8. triple b

triple b Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

As a Chef I've never heard of them either.
    But a cuff on clothes is located at the ankle or wrist and that is where a pork hock is located.That would be my guess.Kinda sounds like a British saying(or maybe Redneck?).
    It'll be interesting to find out.