Pork CSR Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We had the ribs and burnt ends for dinner tonight. Mrs. Smoke made corn bread to go with it. I filled my growler at the local brewery and we had a very nice dinner. I have since decided the smoke on the ribs was as about as right on as I think I can get. There was just a slight cling to the bones.

I learned something interesting. The burnt ends had more of a kick than the ribs. I figured out that by dusting them the night before with rub, the pepper really set in. The ribs were milder since I did not apply rub the night before.. Both benefited by sitting overnight. They are now much richer tasting. Next time I will go a tad lighter on the rub the night before. I love it, but others may prefer it a little milder. The smoke ring on the cubes came out very nice.

Also the little Burnt Ends cubes are able to accept the rub from all 6 sides.
The Ribs mostly only absorb Rub from the 2 faces.
This makes the meat on the Ribs more mild.

Bear

Reactions: OldSmoke
Awesome job on the burnt ends. I have found that doing baby backs 2-2-1 at 225 gives me the tenderness I am looking for. Not quite fall off the bone but almost!

those look great! I have some CSR's in the freezer I think I may smoke some now too! the burnt end idea with the cheese is sounding good and looking great!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky