Pork Chops 2nd round but still not perfected

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice article, thanks!
Yeah, 129* seems to be my magic number.
Seems like a good next step to combine with bringing to room temp with salt before grilling. Thanks!
Yea, at least try the option before writing it off! Just sayin! I hear ya DougE DougE !
Definitely not writing off a SV attempt. :emoji_wink:

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
The wife and I find thicker chops to be tougher... so we stay under 1" thickness... I don't brine and find the chops to be plenty moist removing at 140 ...

On a second note... The quality of the chops have a great deal to do with the finished product as well...

Reactions: schlotz
The wife and I find thicker chops to be tougher... so we stay under 1" thickness... I don't brine and find the chops to be plenty moist removing at 140 ...

On a second note... The quality of the chops have a great deal to do with the finished product as well...
We've found good & consistent meat when using Duroc chops at 1" or slightly less. Now I have to dial in the pull IT since 138º appears to be too high. Next round I'll be shooting for 130-132º and let them coast up during the rest.

A good bone in pork chop is hard to find around here .
Never used to be that way .
Was told its the way farmers are feeding them out and bet steroids are also a variable. Said they dont even know what there selling them for $ till hung and graded.
Was told Browns in troy sells nice quality pork steaks but I have not tried any of there meats.

Was told Browns in troy sells nice quality pork steaks but I have not tried any of there meats.

I used to get deer sausage from Browns . Always good .
I used to get a hog from a guy I worked with . He went through Wright city meats . I had them cut the sirloin end into chops . Double cut . Fantastic .
A lot of options around here need to go check them out .
Thanks for the reminder .

Reactions: BC Buck
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky