Pork chop and pork loin cure and smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beggar

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 15, 2019
picayune,ms.
Well, here I am with my hat in my hand again. I got a whole loin and my buddy sliced it up into pork chops for me. I want to cure and smoke so I was going to put them in Pops
lite brine due to being thin for 5-6 days and lay them out on the grates of my MES and cold smoke for about 4 hours (eyeballing how it goes). comments please.
I also have one and cutting in half and brining in Pops to cure and later smoke and wasn't sure to inject cure or not for thickness. Are any of you'll injecting whole pork loin?
Thanks for your help Beggar

i'm assuming it's a boneless loin, I don't inject them but you could if ya want, if it's bone in I personally would inject, as far the chops it sounds good to me just be sure to heat them to at least 145 it before eating.

Thanks Smokerjim, It was 2 whole bone in pork loins in one pack ,we sliced up one and left the other whole and are cutting in half to fit in the fridge.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky