Pork butts on the smoker! Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fathomthis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Im a little worried its going to fast. I started at around 7:30ish and its 10:15 now im already at around 130 IT.  Its been sitting around 250-275 should i cool it down a bit?

BTW i finally got the smoker into the shop for some much needed modifications! what do you guys think?

I can't see any of the pictures but maybe its just my computer. I wouldn't worry too much about your internal temp because very soon (usually around 150 or so) you will be hitting the dreaded stall and you will be say man this thing has been stuck here forever. haha I normally smoke mine at 225-250 but it will be great at that temp as well. Are you going to foil it at all during the smoke?

Ok, if it stalled, i didnt notice. Already foiled at 165 and its been 5 and a half hours...

How big are the butts? Weight, fat content and thickness can all change the length of time the meat will take to cook. I have had two butts that were very close in size etc. cooking side by side and one will be done way sooner than the other one. You just never know. The saying goes it's done when the internal temp says so. You can't go by time. Good luck. Make sure to post some Qview.

ITs a 6.6 and i tried posting some Q-view but seems all links are not working today wierd.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky