PORK BUTT ----- Again !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job, Gary, as usual. Lots of juice, lots of bark and lots of PP on that sammy. Good looking plate. I need to work in a butt pretty soon. My to-cook list is growing every day. I can't wait until some of this hot weather goes away and I can crank it up. Thanks for the pics and keep up the good cooks, Joe :points:

Thanks Joe,   Don't let a little hot weather stop you, in the upper 90's here   and Thanks for the Point

Gary

Thanks guys and you Bear for the point   Did you ever get up and running on your smoker.?

Gary
No, Not Yet !!

The Connectors got here, but I gotta wait for my Son.

He has a Soldering Iron, Crimping tool, and other stuff.

Shouldn't be long.

Bear

No, Not Yet !!

The Connectors got here, but I gotta wait for my Son.

He has a Soldering Iron, Crimping tool, and other stuff.

Shouldn't be long.

Bear
Hey Buddy, You are welcome to drive down here and use my stick burner

Gary

Nice , Gary. Your Bark looked tasty and the Hot Links were a good choice for snacking during the cook.

Keep on , you're on a roll.
biggrin.gif

Have fun and  . . .

Looks like it turned out excellent, Gary!

I'm becoming a firm believer in the "hot & fast" method after going 275 on my last few rounds of pork.

points.gif

TW

Last edited:

No I didn't notice any difference in taste or texture 

Gary
I've even gone as high as 350* and couldn't tell a difference (at all) for some cuts "low & slow " is the way to go, with Pork Butts I don't think so

Great ;Q

points1.png

Thank you Brian,  You smoking this weekend ?

Gary

Post a pic of your new toy

Gary

Nice,,,      pretty and clean

Gary

Nice,,,      pretty and clean

Gary
Thanks Gary.  I use my gas grill most of the time.  But some meat is just so much better on charcoal.  So I go to the extra efforts.  The wife thinks I'm becoming obsessive.  I'm running out of room to store my equipment.  And as you know I'm studying on a good Texas made reverse flow.... But for now lets keep that to ourselves.  If she finds out she will have me committed! b

Know what you mean.  I use the gas grill most because it's convenient But I'll fire up the charcoal every so often.

Gary

Gary this does look fricken fantastic.  I watched this video and Aaron also does his butts at 275F and foils.  I wonder if this is the way to go?????  I'm going to give it a try.  Do you think the higher 275F gives you more bark?

Not Really, I am a 225 º guy, but that day I got a late start, and didn't want to wait till 10:00 to eat, so I cooked at a higher temp  Butts are super easy and forgiving, you almost have to try real hard to screw up a butt.  I smoke lots of Butts, Probably smoked more butts in the last year than most people smoke in 10 years. I've got it down.  

You want a good butt just follow my method.  Also check out All My Smokes in One Place,  Lots of Info there.  Explains how to choose a brisket, Thickness all kinds of stuff

Gary

You don't have to wonder,  I'm telling You this is the way to go if you really do want a great pulled pork butt.

Gary

Gary sorry I missed this,that looks great,I can't believe it.I did one the day before,it must have been PP Day LOL

Richie

points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky