Pork belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
i smoked up a small piece of pork belly this afternoon. Ran at 240F in my MES for about 3 hours and then cranked up heat as temperature outside had dropped.
Smoked potatoes as well. I used one of my seasoning blends (2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp each of pepper, fennell, mustard powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin and cilantro.
Served with a BBQ sauce never tried before and LIKED by Kardea Brown, aka "Miss Delicious Brown".

Attachments

• 20220403_140344.jpg
    20220403_140344.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220403_140435.jpg
    20220403_140435.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220403_183543.jpg
    20220403_183543.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 48
If I had a bigger piece of pork belly (what we get is good enough for our family of 3) I'd fry slices up the next day

Looks awesome! Pork belly and smoked potatoes, wow, great meal and they look perfect!

Great looking meal, the potato looks awesome!!
I have made a ton of bacon, but have never just smoked a piece of belly.
Gonna have to give it a try!!
Al

i smoked up a small piece of pork belly this afternoon. Ran at 240F in my MES for about 3 hours and then cranked up heat as temperature outside had dropped.
Smoked potatoes as well. I used one of my seasoning blends (2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp each of pepper, fennell, mustard powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin and cilantro.
Served with a BBQ sauce never tried before and LIKED by Kardea Brown, aka "Miss Delicious Brown".
looks great. I always have a full pork belly rotating through with curing to make bacon and belly tacos. haven't bought store bacon for years.

Looks really good from my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky