• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork belly

Aj33

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 29, 2020
Not posted in a while, but have been smoking.

Smoked some pork belly in the MES30 (hence no ring) with a cherry, maple, hickory pellet blend. Finished on the bbq with direct heat.

Only a single person portion. Didn’t finish it all, so having the rest sliced up with rice tonight.

Attachments

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
I'd dive into that, Looks great but my gallbladder is acting up just looking at it. :emoji_laughing:

SmokinGumby

Fire Starter
Joined May 6, 2020
Are pork belly burnt ends supposed to be soft and chewy, with melty fat? Or are they supposed to be more like bacon, harder and chewy with a ham-like meat and firm chewy fat?

Aj33

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 29, 2020
Looks delicious! How was smoke flavor?
Flavour was good, nice and light.

I really dried the pellets out before lighting them. That may have contributed in some way.

Are pork belly burnt ends supposed to be soft and chewy, with melty fat? Or are they supposed to be more like bacon, harder and chewy with a ham-like meat and firm chewy fat?
I would say definitely melty fat.

SmokinGumby

Fire Starter
Joined May 6, 2020
I got some on a food truck yesterday and it wasn't anything like what I make at home.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.