Pork belly burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
While I was browsing the meat section at my local grocery store I stumbled upon a small 1lb piece of pork belly on special. So I decided to get it and try pork belly burnt ends.

I cubed the belly up and hit it with a generous season of a Honey Hog. It went into the Weber kettle with the SnS. First time using that for smoking too.

Smoked between 230-250 for about 3 hours and then mixed it with some bbq sauce, more rub, and sriracha. Put it back on just for about 20min and it was done.

It was pretty darn awesome. The SnS is really amazing too. Going to be doing this a lot in the future. Thanks for looking!

03AFB011-6371-4DFC-9057-4E0E67C751C8.jpeg CD410D8C-5854-44E7-B8F4-CF8D0B2BCB91.jpeg BE61AC21-499A-491D-B90F-904971009517.jpeg C0FE2C3F-1D9B-449C-8789-4CD5C6FC42E0.jpeg

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to doing these again soon!

Those PBBEs look mighty fine.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JCAP
They look good. I have a 5 pound slab of belly and was wondering what to do with it besides bacon. Hmm

Reactions: JCAP
Those look incredible!

I have only made these one time and my wife referred to it as "meat candy". She took some into work two days later and they told her it was a must for me to make from now on. Unfortunately pork belly not the easiest thing to find but I got one ready to go for this weekend. Can't wait!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky