Pork belly burnt ends.....on a stick!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
I finally decided to try making PBBE's, but with a twist or two.
After they had good color and bark, I panned them with a few pats of butter and stirred to coat evenly. I then added 1/4 cup of honey to 3/4 cup of Jeff's bbq sauce and coated the chunks. I covered in foil and put back in the smoker for about two hours until they wre very tender. I drained and discarded the sauce, put the chunks on bamboo skewers and put directly on the grates for another 20 minutes to caramelize the sauce.
They were out of this world good!!!!
20190818_160126.jpg
20190818_164517.jpg
20190818_105954.jpg
20190818_091309.jpg
20190818_090643.jpg

That's allot of PBBEs you got and they look scrumptious.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: radio
Jealous. I happen to be in one part of the world where none of the local stores ever stock pork bellies. Kind of frustrating.
if you have a Sam's club or Costco within driving distance they usually have them. These were fantastic and a good change of pace, but I still prefer brisket burnt ends

That's allot of PBBEs you got and they look scrumptious.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you. There weren't as many as it appears in the pics. The belly was a shade over 4 pounds and they shrink a LOT!

Dammit Man,
those look freaking first rate.
Like!
Thank you Chile. I was happy for the first time making them. I used Jeff's recipe as a base, but my friend who owns an incredible BBQ restaurant shared a couple of his secrets with me including his rub.

dang those look good. My kids LOVE burnt ends. I've never tried pork belly burnt ends but may need to give it a ride.

Those look very yum. We have a only one a year rule for pork belly around our house, they should be consider a controlled substance!!!!

Reactions: drdon
Those look great, kebab style crossed my mind last cook. You made my mind up for next time!! Is that Sams Club belly? Pretty meaty........

Those look great, kebab style crossed my mind last cook. You made my mind up for next time!! Is that Sams Club belly? Pretty meaty........

Thanks. Yes, from Sam's club. This was one of the smaller ones, but was the leanest of them all. would have made superb bacon!

Reactions: jcam222
Jealous. I happen to be in one part of the world where none of the local stores ever stock pork bellies. Kind of frustrating.

Yes, it's hard for us in Michigan. But it is worth the hour drive and the membership just for the good meat selection.

I do the same thing from Flint to Auburn Hills Costco :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky