Porchetta on a weber kettle rotisserie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone got a good recipe/process for porchetta on a weber kettle rotisserie?

FouND this thread because I was looking for the same thing. We just finished one and had it for dinner.

I picked up about a 4 pound skinless pork belly. Scored the outside fat fairly lightly, flipped over and scored the meat side a little more deeply. Made up a cure using salt, toasted fennel seed and black peppercorns, then ground in a spice grinder, dried thyme and rosemary (which also went in the grinder), fresh microplaned lemon zest from 1 large lemon, red pepper flakes, and 4 or 5 medium size garlic cloves microplaned. Mixed everything together making sure to break up the garlic. Rub.into the meat side, getting down into the cuts. Tightly roll and tie. Rub the outside wirh baking soda and salt mixture. Set on a rack in a roasting pan, cover lightly with plastic wrap and let it sit at least overnight up to 2 days. Take the plastic off the morning you are going to cook so outside will dry some.

Hubs set up a 2 zone fire with charcoal and a couple of chunks of apple or whatever other wood you want. He kept the temp between 325 and 350. Got the porchetta on the rotisserie and cooked it for about 3 hours to an.internal of just under 180. He also set up a drip pan. About 30 minutes before it was done, he spooned off most of the grease into a heavy glass measuring cup then put in some parcooked fingerling potatoes to finish cooking. I'm keeping the drippings to use like bacon fat.

We probably would pull it just shy of 170 next time, but even at 180 the meat was still moist and tender, and the fat rendered and crisped very nicely.

Oh, he took the porchetta out of the refrigerator to let it warm up when he started the fire

2021-05-05 16.39.52.jpg
36788-albums1032-picture8607.jpg
2021-05-04 15.31.54.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky