Porchetta - Italian Marketplace Smoked Pulled Pork w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure did.  The GOSM Big Block is the only smoker I own so it gets a lot of work.  I actually cooked at fairly high temps (avg. of 275 or so) as it was an 8 lb. butt that had to be done by 2:30 or so Pacific time.  Set the alarm for 5:30 am, got her on the smoker at 6 and things worked out perfectly.  Smoked with a mix of apple and cherry chunks and kept it in the pan the whole time.  Great stuff all around.

Awesome... I did mine on Frank but was curious as to how well it would turn out on the GOSM

I'm contemplating doing a porchetta using a pork loin.

Perhaps I missed it, but what did you use to flavor the smoke? I'm thinking about a couple lemons and a hunk of rosemary. Thoughts or suggestions?

I used cherry,

as far as suggestions any recipe can be tweaked, I however try to make an effort to try a recipe the original way then tweak from there.
We all have individual tastes and will tweak till were happy, (or the misses) is happy.

Keep us posted

I LOVE porchetta and never thought to make it with pork butt

I believe it's usually made with a pork loin

In fact, I have a pork loin in the freezer with "PORCHETTA" written all over it!

Todd

Looks-Great.gif

Raybones, sorry about that.

I have been rebuilding my posts and website for about 7 months... cant remember, anyhow all my photos links were broken when webshots switched to Smile, I have since switched to Flickr.

Post is now fixed Enjoy!

Nice to see this one pop back up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky