Porchetta attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville,Fl
After seeing @bigwayne post a porchetta recently, It gave me the inspiration to try one.. So here goes... 11# costco skinless pork belly.. Seasoned up with olive oil, then parsley,sage, rosemary and thyme. ( yes that's a song)..:D:D.. I had to cut into 2 pieces so it wouldn't get to close to the edge of the grate.. Pork tenderloin inside of each.. Oh, and lots of garlic..

porchettaprep1.jpg

porchettaprep2.jpg

My tying skills need some work...
porchettatiedup.jpg

Threw on some abt's and 4 chuck short ribs with the "porketta".. 1 hour in...
porchettasmoke1.jpg

2 hours in....
porchettasmoke2.jpg

ABT's done...
porchettaAbtdone.jpg

Porchetta's done...
porchettadone1.jpg

porchettadone2.jpg

Sliced....
porchettasliced.jpg

Short ribs done..
porchshortribs.jpg

I probably should have trimmed the belly up some.. Whole lot of fat still not rendered.. The tenderloin in the center was like butter Thanks for lookin'... Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone, and happy smokes !!

Wow, that all looks sooo good! I think your tying skills are pretty good, too. I am awful at that. Those short ribs look mighty tasty as well. I’ve got some beef plate ribs I want to smoke this weekend, but I don’t think the weathers going to allow it.

Also, way to maximize your cooking surface...holy cow!!

Like!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky