Popped my cherry!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Not sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here because I'm sure there is some pork lips and buttholes in there somewhere 🤣
Anyway! I got a vertical rotisserie for Christmas and figured I'd try it out on a hunk of bologna before trying a more serious cut!
Scored and smothered the bologna in a mustard and mayo mix. Then coated with pork rub seasonings. Put on the vertical spit and turned it for an hour while I mowed. Came in to check it and added some time to it! Turned out pretty good for reg bologna. Next up is a venison roast!

20230519_184628.jpg
20230519_184628.jpg
20230519_204523.jpg

20230519_210338.jpg

20230519_211253.jpg

Attachments

• 20230519_203414.jpg
    20230519_203414.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1
Food looks great!
So is that an electric-only cooker or is there a smoker feature there too?

Food looks great!
So is that an electric-only cooker or is there a smoker feature there too?
Thanks! Yes, electric only. A smoker feature would be pretty slick though!

Great looking bologna. My son said the other day that it had been a while since we did any on the smoker. Looking at yours...may have to change that!

Jim

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Now that is a great cook on the bologna
and that would work perfect for some Donairs

and maybe you could incorporate a small pellet tube in there some how for a little smoke, lol

David
I thought about it, but there isnt much room to work with! Maybe if i came through the back with some kind of hose..........

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great looking bologna. My son said the other day that it had been a while since we did any on the smoker. Looking at yours...may have to change that!

Jim
Heck yeah! This was just reg bologna. I really like the beef bologna. There is a deli i frequent that carries garlic beef bologna , but ive never pulled the trigger! Bologna isnt a huge seller here at home for the most part, so i hesitate at times dropping 30 bucks on a chub of bologna that im going to end up eating most of lol!

Reactions: JLeonard
Heck yeah! This was just reg bologna. I really like the beef bologna. There is a deli i frequent that carries garlic beef bologna , but ive never pulled the trigger! Bologna isnt a huge seller here at home for the most part, so i hesitate at times dropping 30 bucks on a chub of bologna that im going to end up eating most of lol!
Smoke it with a mustard binder, your favorite rub. Then slice about an inch thick, grill with your favorite sauce, on a bun with some slaw and a slice of cheese!!! Will make a fat boy cry tears of joy!!!!

Jim

That would work, like a cold smoke mail box kind of set up.

Good thinking

David
I hate drilling holes into boats and new toys, but i may look into doing this lol!
Smoke it with a mustard binder, your favorite rub. Then slice about an inch thick, grill with your favorite sauce, on a bun with some slaw and a slice of cheese!!! Will make a fat boy cry tears of joy!!!!

Jim
Yessir! been there and done that and will do it again! Big fan of onions on mine!
BED, Great toy, bologna and yes gyros sound good !
Thanks! The possibilities are almost endless lol! Ive got an idea or two for this weekend if time allows!

• Love
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky