Poor man's brisket/ burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Reb

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 25, 2018
Wellsville PA
Here we go did my first brisket over the 4th holiday turned out great. Have another brisket but it's rather large so we'll just leave that in the freezer for a rainy day. Anyways made steaks Sunday for dinner noticed I was out so got to doing inventory on my freezer. Noticed I had 9 chuck roasts a couple 3 lbsers the rest around 5 lb been seeing all these burnt ends so decided I'd give her a go.
Just got em out of the fridge after thawing coated in w sauce rubbed down with spog plus a little chilli powder for good measure back into the fridge till tomorrow morning. Ones to be more like a brisket other be burnt ends wish me luck, I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_20220715_155957001.jpg
    IMG_20220715_155957001.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 56
Sounds like a plan !
Have you ever tried pulled beef ?
TNJAKE TNJAKE has a great cook posted and it's my go to after trying it!

Keith

Sounds like a plan !
Have you ever tried pulled beef ?
TNJAKE TNJAKE has a great cook posted and it's my go to after trying it!

Keith
I haven't done pulled beef yet outside of ribs an pulled pork most of my smoking is cured meats hams bacons snack sticks etc new job equals more time an money for smoking.

Looking good so far. I don't know about the "poor man's" part though, I don't usually see chuck on sale as cheap as I do brisket lately.

Reactions: forktender
Slacking off getting outta bed this morning got smoker fired up around 9 put them both in around 10 hickory pellets in my amnps and off we went. Small one finished up an hour ago wrapped it let it rest till now. This one will be burnt ends so I cubed it up added some more rub and sauce a few other things an got them in the oven to finish along with some hasselback spuds going to have some great packed lunches next week lol.
Here's a few pics tasting great so far

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_201446786.jpg
    IMG_20220716_201446786.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20220716_201604264.jpg
    IMG_20220716_201604264.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 43
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky