Points for Members idea

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbally

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 24, 2007
Western Colorado
Huddler

As I get more comfortable with the website I am noticing something that may be able to be converted to the points system that exists on some of the other forum backbones.

It appears to me with minor code revisions the "seller, buyer, trader, feedback system could be used to give points.

Don't like the idea of the negative feedback thing as it could start wars, but if the hooks are removed requiring that item url link, and hooks were added to limit the feedback that can be given by one member per day or week, I think it would work.

What say you?

I agree - I too miss the opportunity to award points to someone with a great post or idea -

icon_cool.gif

I too moss the whole points thingy. Now as far as limiting feedback or post I don't think that would be good for some of us have lost jobs and really do have abunch of time on our hands. I also believe that Jeff set this whole place up to teach new folks how to smoke meat. I have extra time on my hands so I do post alot and I think that I'm helping other to learn the art of smoking great food. Stepping down from my box now.

I don't think there was more than a handful who didn't like the point system we used to enjoy.

Bear

What's a points system and why do you guys like it?
Points are:

Every time you cook something really great (like every time you start your smoker!), I and others make comments like we always do, but there is a button at the bottom of your post to push, that gives you points. The points pile up, and then you get little stars or some kind of marker for so many points. They show up under the number of posts you make.

The more people you please with your smoked food posts and for helping others, the more points you get. You can't spend them or anything, but I guess it's like the little doodads all of the college football players wear on their helmets, except for Penn State of course.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky