Plum: Anyone Use It?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
I went out today to cut down my sister-n-law neighbors -apple- tree. Well, when I got there it was a plum tree. LOL. Anyhow, has anyone ever used plum? If so, what foods and how did they turn out?

Thanx gang,

--ray--

(0||||0)

Plum is great sweet wood for smoking . dry at least 6 months . i use sweet wood on pretty much everything but beef.

I've used plum on pork spares and yard birds...it's a great sweet smoke wood for those milder flavored meats. It would be good for pork loins, center-cut chops and shoulder steaks, as well.

Eric

Plum is a very good wood to smoke with!.  Similar to Apple, but not a sweet as Peach.  I have a some in Sawdust form and it's  very nice.

Next time you cut down a tree, fill the oil reservoir with vegetable oil and you can use the chainsaw chips for smoking too.

ENJOY!

Good Score.

I have been using plum since last winter when an ice storm wrecked my plum tree. I have used it for pork butt, salmon and cheese. I have also taken limbs on my table saw to make saw dust for my cold smoker, that too has worked well for me.

good luck

bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky