Please help, can't get Inkbird ibt-6xs to connect to BBQ Go app.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have five or six bbq BT therm apps down loaded for my Sorken 6 probe BT therm so I get notified which one's get updated. None yet. Lots of the last updates were because no connection to Samsung 10. They all crash periodically on my Samsung Gs7 when using my phone while monitoring and when you go to different apps then back to monitoring. Then when leaving the bbq app to go to FB or SMF etc a message says app has stopped running do you want to restart it. You need to restart the app to start monitoring again but it saves your presets for each probe and loses the graph. And all bbq app graphs periodically restart for no reason several times throughout a long smoke. Dropping graphs is one thing I can live with it's the crashing and having to restart from using the phone's other apps that finally crash the bbq app running in the background. The bbq apps don't crash when it's running and you set it down to sleep and check just the bbq app. I have been using the Chugod app because it has four alarm tones to choose from instead of the one out of hand sound on the others. I use the split screen view to have the chugod app on top always in view and the others I go in and out of below it. With the recent apps button on the lower left I swap out apps I surf and don't move the chugod app on top because the bottom split view app is the one that changes with the recent button. With the bbq app alway on the top third of the screen and any other app on the bottom two thirds or 50/50 split,the app doesn't crash but the graphs will always restart periodically. So far two long smokes and no crashes. So here's a screen shot of me posting this post with the bbq app on the top third of the screen and SMF on the the botton two thirds. I can view and scroll the bbq app and normally use it as I post just keep it split screen. Once you go to full screen it's a matter of time when you get the notification the app has stopped running.View attachment 451732
Thanks for the support. We are working hard to our new own app. Please look forward to it.

How do these things get such good reviews, when out of over 100K downloads, the app scores a 2.7 out of a possible 5 stars? A bbq friend, stated to me, that the app, "had to be designed by some mongoloid kid in the poorest possible area of China, with no BBQ experience". Makes me worry about dropping $60 to $70 on a IBT-6XS, if that's the case. Also, my friend Bryan's words, not mine, so don't shoot the messenger.

How do these things get such good reviews, when out of over 100K downloads, the app scores a 2.7 out of a possible 5 stars? A bbq friend, stated to me, that the app, "had to be designed by some mongoloid kid in the poorest possible area of China, with no BBQ experience". Makes me worry about dropping $60 to $70 on a IBT-6XS, if that's the case. Also, my friend Bryan's words, not mine, so don't shoot the messenger.
I have a few of their products and have never had an issue

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq

Well, I finally downloaded another app called easyBBQ. It's clearly a very slightly modified version of the same app that is BBQ Go. Which is the chicken and which is the egg? Are they both eggs of some other chicken? Anyway, the easyBBQ ap connected right away. And BBQ Go would also connect fine after I made that initial connection using the other app. The app is really great with the exception of disconnecting if you accidentally close it or your phone goes to sleep. I would love to be able to store cook data and modify the axies on the graphs, but that's really not truly necessary. The Bluetooth range of my Inkbird is great, and I solve the disconnection issue by using an old phone that has a busted SIM card slot as a dedicated unit for the Inkbird. That way I am not messing up the touchy BBQ Go app by running another app or receiving a call etc.

Inkbird clearly needs to come out with a better app though, that is undeniable.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Well, I finally downloaded another app called easyBBQ. It's clearly a very slightly modified version of the same app that is BBQ Go. Which is the chicken and which is the egg? Are they both eggs of some other chicken? Anyway, the easyBBQ ap connected right away. And BBQ Go would also connect fine after I made that initial connection using the other app. The app is really great with the exception of disconnecting if you accidentally close it or your phone goes to sleep. I would love to be able to store cook data and modify the axies on the graphs, but that's really not truly necessary. The Bluetooth range of my Inkbird is great, and I solve the disconnection issue by using an old phone that has a busted SIM card slot as a dedicated unit for the Inkbird. That way I am not messing up the touchy BBQ Go app by running another app or receiving a call etc.

Inkbird clearly needs to come out with a better app though, that is undeniable.
Thanks! We are working on that. :emoji_grin: :emoji_rose:

I mean every time I look at it and think about buying it, while I like the esthetics of the unit and the 6 probes, I remember the reviews. At least it wouldn't be as big of a disappointment as spending $1,500 on a pellet grill and having a crap controller, probes, and sketchy app. I wanted the 6 probe unit to work in place.

Thanks for this thread. Just to be clear to other BBQ Go newbies, the instructions are completely wrong.

The app it says to download, won't pair with the device.
The instructions don't say to press the power button to pair the device.

I mean every time I look at it and think about buying it, while I like the esthetics of the unit and the 6 probes, I remember the reviews. At least it wouldn't be as big of a disappointment as spending $1,500 on a pellet grill and having a crap controller, probes, and sketchy app. I wanted the 6 probe unit to work in place.

The_Grillfather The_Grillfather The unit really is great, I have no problems whatsoever with it, except for my initial connection to the BBQ Go app. It has largely replaced my ThermoPro TP-08S as my go-to. I love the Inkbird.

Thanks for this thread. Just to be clear to other BBQ Go newbies, the instructions are completely wrong.

The app it says to download, won't pair with the device.
The instructions don't say to press the power button to pair the device.

D duke_meister I think you misunderstand the issue. The unit's instructions clearly stated to press the only button (power button) to pair, but paring was absoultly not possible on the first use of the unit using the BBQ Go app. The unit had to first be paired with another third party app before it could be recognized and paired using the BBQ Go app. The third party app could then be deleted with no further issues connecting with the BBQ Go app.

The_Grillfather The_Grillfather The unit really is great, I have no problems whatsoever with it, except for my initial connection to the BBQ Go app. It has largely replaced my ThermoPro TP-08S as my go-to. I love the Inkbird.

D duke_meister I think you misunderstand the issue. The unit's instructions clearly stated to press the only button (power button) to pair, but paring was absoultly not possible on the first use of the unit using the BBQ Go app. The unit had to first be paired with another third party app before it could be recognized and paired using the BBQ Go app. The third party app could then be deleted with no further issues connecting with the BBQ Go app.
"The unit's instructions clearly stated ..."

Not clearly at all. My manual says, and I quote: "Press and hold the power button on the device for 3 seconds to power it on". That's it. IMO it's only obvious once you know. Anyway, not a big deal :)

Thanks for the support. We are working hard to our new own app. Please look forward to it.
Do you have an ETA on the new app. The bbqgo app graph is pretty bad. The graph lines disappear when it goes high and you can only guess if it's stable or not unless you keep looking at it

Do you have an ETA on the new app. The bbqgo app graph is pretty bad. The graph lines disappear when it goes high and you can only guess if it's stable or not unless you keep looking at it
We have a New product. Both support Bluetooth and Wifi connection. And it uses our new app. Support tracking the temperature graphs at any time, also can download it. The Bluetooth connection only supports real-time check. If you need discount for this unit, please PM me.

WiFi-蓝牙标志.jpg

We have a New product. Both support Bluetooth and Wifi connection. And it uses our new app. Support tracking the temperature graphs at any time, also can download it. The Bluetooth connection only supports real-time check. If you need discount for this unit, please PM me.

View attachment 483113
doesn't answer my question, anyways I just figured out a work around for the graph, I will need to test a little.

I had the same issue as the original poster. I tried the Easybbq trick but although Easybbq connected straight away it made no difference to the Bbq Go app.

The solution was to long press on the app icon and go to App Info. Once there go to Permissions and select location. Then choose the 'Always' option. Then when I started the app and the device I pushed the power button quickly ( as in Easy bbq) and connected.

I know it's an old thread, but archiving my experience.
As reformedvegan found, easyBBQ connects effortlessly. It even tells you to push the button once to pair. I then tried BBQgo again--no connection. Amazing that I have to use a competitor's app on BBQgo hardware.
It is complete BS that I need to have location on (easyBBQ also). BBQgo says "no data collected" which is certainly a lie. Unhappy customer.

Even better. BBQgo won't let you run it without turning on location. easyBBQ requests location, you tell it "no" and it opens up to read your thermal sensors. Works over bluetooth, I can play music in my earbuds at the same time, what's not to like?

Last edited:
I know it's an old thread, but archiving my experience.
As reformedvegan found, easyBBQ connects effortlessly. It even tells you to push the button once to pair. I then tried BBQgo again--no connection. Amazing that I have to use a competitor's app on BBQgo hardware.
It is complete BS that I need to have location on (easyBBQ also). BBQgo says "no data collected" which is certainly a lie. Unhappy customer.

Even better. BBQgo won't let you run it without turning on location. easyBBQ requests location, you tell it "no" and it opens up to read your thermal sensors. Works over bluetooth, I can play music in my earbuds at the same time, what's not to like?
Inkbird should be able to help Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky