Please delete

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi, I built a curing chamber using a small 17cf freezer. Attached is the modified control of the freezer and a photo of my temp/humid controller. I think I spent about $30, $10 for each temp and humid controller and $8 for the elect enclosure. Freezer Control Diagram.jpg Freezer Control Diagram 2.jpg I use the defrost heater for controlling to 90F for 12hrs to activate the bacteria. I use the freezer comp to maintain 60F for 3 wks to cure the salami. I installed a DPDT switch so I may use the freezer as a freezer if I am not using it for curing. The fan has an outlet plug that is plugged in ON when the curing chamber is being used for curing....as you will see in the photo of the controller. Photo of controller.jpg
I have a standup de-humidifier sitting in the freezer that plugs into the humi control outlet.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky