Playing around with some Poultry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBCWCHS06

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Ended up just playing around with a little poultry this weekend with mixed results. Did some Smoked Buffalo and BBQ Chicken Legs for the UFC on Saturday Night. And really happy with those. Coated with a little baking powder and salt. Smoked at 225 for 30 minutes then coated with sauce and cooked at 400 for like 15 minutes and they were done. Good crispy skin sauce was nicely rendered got the flavor the sauce without all the mess. Did Smoked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast today. Brined for an hour. Put a sweet rub on them and turned up the smoke on them until they looked a little cooked. Then wrapped in foil with a little butter and cooked them to 155. They were good but not as moist or tender as I expected but did forget a water pan. Overall a good weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20230305_175425866.jpg
    IMG_20230305_175425866.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230304_161426009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230304_161426009_HDR.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 11
The pics look good to me. An hour isn't much of a brine. If time permits let them swim for a few hours to overnight. Again they look real good. Injecting is another option.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good. For me chicken breast are a hit or miss. I can never get them right.

Jim

The pics look good to me. An hour isn't much of a brine. If time permits let them swim for a few hours to overnight. Again they look real good. Injecting is another option.

Point for sure
Chris
Might try a couple of hours next time. I know I have done some grilled chicken breast and brined them for an hour and it was perfect. But might need more of one with a smoked breast. Now injecting it has me intrigued what do you inject with. I smoked them for a bit then wrapped in foil with butter in it but injecting them might help more

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky