Plan Check - Chicken on Pellet Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Good morning

For wings, boneless skinless breasts and thighs, should I plan for about 30-45 minute cook for a pellet cooker set at 375*?

Thanks!

Let me ask how you want them done? Crispy, smokey... grilled? Anything above 275 won't really give it a smokey flavor... if you just want them done, 375 or higher would work. With my austin xl, i usually run at 425-450 when grilling. 375 should be fine though, just use a thermometer to check temps for safety

Let me ask how you want them done? Crispy, smokey... grilled? Anything above 275 won't really give it a smokey flavor... if you just want them done, 375 or higher would work. With my austin xl, i usually run at 425-450 when grilling. 375 should be fine though, just use a thermometer to check temps for safety

Thank you. Yes - these are grilled. Not really worried about smoke. Yes - lll be checking IT to confirm when done.

I’m just trying to confirm a rough time line to plan for.

Thoughts?

Time should be fine, maybe even start sooner like an hour. You never want to pull off grill and go straight to eating but rather let the meat rest so all the juices don't cook out of it and dry out. Get yourself a foil pan and throw the done meat in and let it rest on the grill till time to eat or a warm oven, i even just use the microwave since q microwave can act like a insulated box

Thanks again. For reference, took about an hour. All turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky