• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pizza Time!

bow-chan

Joined Nov 11, 2013
My Dough Recipe:

-3 1/4 Cups All Purpose (I've used King Author Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour, or Unbleached Bread Flour, or a mix of the 2)

-1/4 Tsp Active Dry Yeast

-2 Tsp Fine Salt

-1 1/2 Cups Water

Throw Everything in a bowl, mix well

Cover with plastic wrap and let it peculate at room temp until more than doubled... I let it sit for around 14-18 hours... or until I get ready

Divide the dough into 3-4 equal parts (depending how big I want to make each one

Cloak the each dough ball, wrap the unused ones and throw them in the 'fidge.

fritzmonroe

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 15, 2013
Those look awesome.

That's about the same recipe that I use.  Difference is that I always proof my yeast in about 1/2 cup warm water with a pinch of sugar.  When it has a big foamy head on it I mix it up.  I estimate the water based on how the finished dough turns out.  Let it rise for an hour, or until doubled, then form into 2 pies.

bow-chan

Joined Nov 11, 2013
Fine looking pies you have there. What temp do you bake them at on your grill?
 I fire up all 3 burners and usually get it up around 450-500 on the lid thermometer,  Then I shutdown the burner under the stone to Low when the pizza hits the stone

I spin the pie about 1/4 turn every 3-4 minutes to keep the cooking even

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.