Pizza and More Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
Well, it's national pizza month and so far I've done two. Both use Mrs ~t~'s blind baked crusts.
PslPbjD.jpg

First up was an all veggie pie. Homeade pesto sauce, roasted garlic, spinach, roasted peppers, onions and tomato slices. And cooked it on the BGE. These are a 14 minute cook, raised direct at 400°.

fOgUcLq.jpg

The next one is a little different...... It's an Oktoberfest pizza. First I did a sous vide in beer to some brats, chilled and and browned one side. The pizza sauce was spicy mustard based and had garlic and chives. The toppings were a layer of sauerkraut, cheese, bratwurst and a little more cheese. then the the brat slices. Time on a 425° BGE was about 15 minutes.

bn6efcu.jpg
dV78A50.jpg
QSlfOwI.jpg
qUqoj6g.jpg
After baking, I added a layer of pickled red onions.
GdcmSNZ.jpg

Awesome Looking Pies!!!
I'd love all of them, but without the Pickled Onions.
Beautiful Job!!
Like.

Bear

That's some beautiful work! I'm looking at one of the Ooni Ovens. Seem pretty nice and reasonably priced...JJ

Dang'it man, the pies look good.
That Oktoberfest pizza is certainly different, I'd like to have tried it.
Nice job.
I don't think it's a first or anything but all the flavors are about like eating a loaded brat super-dog sort of thing. And you know, a cheeseburger pizza tastes like a cheeseburger.

There is this stuffed pocket roll called a runza (or bierock) that is popular in Nebraska and the Dakota's. Bakeries make them along with the early batches of donuts in the morning. Farmers and workers buy them for their lunch. They are all different, but generally have beef or pork, onions, and other seasonings. Some have cabbage added, and some have sauerkraut. So, that's partly where the inspiration came from. (BTW, we make Reuben pizzas along the same lines) Having frozen crusts ready to go is handy, and since we like thin crusts, this means a lighter topping and short cooking time.

That's some beautiful work! I'm looking at one of the Ooni Ovens. Seem pretty nice and reasonably priced...JJ

I've seen similar ones, and I bet they are awesome for baking bread. There is a bar along the Big Horn River, North of me that has an indoor wood oven. They cook appetizers, pizza and even steaks on it.
nwvtih2.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky