PitmasterIQ IQ110 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Buford, GA
Does the Pitmaster Non-Digital work ok? Tightwad here was trying to find something cheap to help this winter due to the winds changing my temperature so quickly. The WSMs are great at holding temperatures if the wind isn't gusting so much!

Does the Pitmaster Non-Digital work ok? Tightwad here was trying to find something cheap to help this winter due to the winds changing my temperature so quickly. The WSMs are great at holding temperatures if the wind isn't gusting so much!

not an expert in them but you have 2 answers.

Short answer Do they work) yes
long answer Should you buy one) honestly no. Look and this isn't a knock on their product this is experience from someone who's like, all i need is a party q it'll be good enough. no just buy the good version of anything right away. I started off with a party q, then added an inkbird bluetooth, then later on was like the bluetooth isnt that great and wised up to just switching to a fireboard 2 with a guru pit viper fan. I can tell you, not spending the extra $100 on the partyq to inevitably go to a fireboard 2 would have been the smarter move in the end

if you're like no i dont care winter only, then i guess sure you can do it, but that's $140. for double the price you could run it, without an outlet (fireboard 2 has a battery built in) and just monitor the dang temp from your phone. Trust me, if cold weathers what you're fighting that's what you want.

That is EXACTLY what I wanted: Good advice---That's why I ask these question so I wan't have to stumble and fall....Thank you so much! Charlie

Reactions: hawtsauc3
If it's only the wind your worried about then take a sheet of plywood and cut it in thirds. Attach the plywood back together using hinges and form a triangle shield around you WSM. Makes a great wind block, and it's cheap!!!

Chris

too squirly--weird landscape makes winds change direction a lot. BUT--maybe I need to encirle the whole thing ...LOL Thanks a lot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky