Pit Boss vertical smoker - No smoke on any setting other than "Smoke"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do you have any issues with the set/measured temperature being too far off from the actual temperature? The smoker is set to 225 and is reading 225, but my thermometer is only reading 180F.
No, not really. Mine holds temp fairly well and is within 5 degrees of my bluetooth temp probes. It will spike up about 20 degrees occasionally, but settles back down to my set temp fairly quickly. I do make sure my water pan always has water.

No, not really. Mine holds temp fairly well and is within 5 degrees of my bluetooth temp probes. It will spike up about 20 degrees occasionally, but settles back down to my set temp fairly quickly. I do make sure my water pan always has water.
Interesting. From what I've noticed, mine is consistently 25F cooler than my external thermometer but I've noticed literally 0 temperature swings throughout a 6 hour cook, except when I opened the cabinet.
My temperature probe however is placed at the very top near the exhaust so that might be why? How much smoke do you usually get when the controller is set to 250F?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky