Pit boss owners ,igniter issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

george255

Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
Coeurd'Arlene , Idaho
Can anyone tell me why my igniter would stay glowing red hot when my grill is not in use?
when it's plugged in it stays on, when it's in use it's blowing my GFI. I have disconnected it and have been doing a manual start up and everything works fine.. Could this be a bad board or is my igniter toast? Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem on their pit boss grill?

Probably a bad triac. I replaced a bad one on my Memphis control board that kept the fans running when the unit was off. Their usually easy and inexpensive to replace if you know how to handle a soldering iron.

Not me, but i do work on these units occasionally, have you tried moving the probe in and out, its a pain to get to, i suggest pulling it out to a little over half of standard paper clip with wrench/rather than take out whole hopper :(. (this may help)

I am having the same issue. Grill power is off, dial is set to off and the igniter stays on if the grill remains plugged in. Been trying for days to get help from pit boss warrantee service but no response to online cases and left on hold and no one answers when I call for support.

I am having the same issue. Grill power is off, dial is set to off and the igniter stays on if the grill remains plugged in. Been trying for days to get help from pit boss warrantee service but no response to online cases and left on hold and no one answers when I call for support.

We're you able to figure out the problem? Mine (820 model) is doing the same thing - igniter stays on even if the unit is off. I was thinking on trying to just replace the igniter but didn't want to do that if someone has been able to resolve the issue and it's something else.

We're you able to figure out the problem? Mine (820 model) is doing the same thing - igniter stays on even if the unit is off. I was thinking on trying to just replace the igniter but didn't want to do that if someone has been able to resolve the issue and it's something else.
Pit boss customer service told me it was a bad control board. They are supposed to send a new one but it’s back ordered 4-6 weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky