Pit Boss 820M Mod Front shelf install

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spudthegreater

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
Purchased an 820M at Menards this summer, and really ended up needing a front shelf for it. I tried first by ordering one off ebay, ended up over $50 with shipping, but it was so thin and flimsy and not nearly deep enough, So I sent it back and decided to make my own. I started by locating some stainless steel folding brackets 12" being it will be in the weather, then I went to Lowes and got some stainless hw, carriage bolts, nylon stainless nuts and washers and some self tapping screws. Also a board 12x29x1 thick. The board was 4ft long, but they cut to 29" for free, so easy choice. The board was $6, the stainless hw just around the same, and then some walnut colored stain, small can and some brushes. I have some leftover marine grade spar varnish with UV protection for outdoor use (sorta obvious) that i am coating once a day for about 4 to 5 days until its completely done. So for just over half the cost and double the quality I get something I Actually like. I also rounded the corners on the front and rounded the edges a bit as well. Once the table is folded down, the cover will fit over it as well. I've included some pictures here as well. Forgot to mention I used stainless washers as spacers for the very top holes of the folding bracket mount position, took 4 of them. That makes the slight angle of the barrel legs true up to level with the mounted table top.
20200819_114148.jpg
20200819_114055.jpg
20200819_140053.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky