Pineapple salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iamaxxer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Waverly, Iowa
Bought a jar of pineapple salsa this winter and thought it was great anybody have a recipe for making some homemade?

I have not made this one yet but I pulled it out of a magazine and have it on my to do list

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper, optional
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • dash ground red pepper, cayenne or chipotle
  • 2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno pepper, optional
  • juice of 1 fresh lime, about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation:

Combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate for an hour or more to blend flavors. Serve with grilled or broiled fish, chicken, or pork. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.

Nope I think you should just be able to sub pineapple for tomatoes couldn't you?? Or maybe just make a regular salsa and then add some pineapple to it.

What I had was a tomato salsa with pineapple in it...The salsa was red in color but you could taste the pineapple in it..

Ok then here is another one in my file of things to try

Fresh Tomato and Pineapple Salsa 3 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped (about 3 cups)
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1/2 c. chopped red bell pepper
1/2 c. chopped ripe pineapple
3 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Mix all ingredients and season to taste.

One of my favs. Don't make it though. We buy a commercial brand out of Georgia from Hillside Orchard Farms. Very good
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Found the jar...
Listing of ingredients..

Tomatoes,crushed pineapple,water,tomato paste,green chilies,chipotle peppers,sugar,pineapple juice,salt,green bell peppers,vinegar,lemon juice,cilantro,onions,garlic,hickory smoke

so now I will spend time trying to make up the receipe that tastes great from the list of ingredients...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky