Pig Shots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

knifebld

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Valleyfield, Quebec
So I gave these a try for the first time while camping up at Mont-Tremblant...and I gotta say I was the most popular camper over the weekend! Can't believe I waited so long to try these...

Was hoping to find some nice Kielbasa at Costco but they didn't have, so picked up a mixed pack of sausages instead.

IMG_1780.jpg

Can't believe how easy it was to put these little guys together...cut the sausage, wrap in bacon, place a cube of cheese (in my case Kerry Gold Dubliner) and sprinkle with some rub...voila!

IMG_1792.jpg

Set the Joe Junior at 275 and closed the lid. Nothing left to do but enjoy the smell, continue chatting with my fellow campers, and cracking open my next beer.

They turned out incredible!! This is definitely a camping tradition from now on!

IMG_1794.jpg
IMG_1793.jpg

Casey (the dog) staring down at those glorious little bacon wrapped beauties...wishing one would fall off and make it's way to him...

IMG_1796.jpg

My wife voiced that these are on her top 3 hors-d’oeuvres and is requesting these be made at every camping trip as well as Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners! lol

IMG_1795.jpg

Thanks for watching! ;)

Those look excellent. Nice Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

They do look awesome. Great job! I’ve made these twice. Once with kielbasa. Thought they were a bit salty but I try to stay away from salty stuff. So it might have just been me.

WOW! incredible. How long did you smoke them? or did you do an internal temp of the sausage?

I hope you took care of that pup and gave him a few? I could not resist a face like that.

Really nice job there on the first, but apparently not the last, pork shots!

Thanks John! Yup, now gotta try Moinks next!

Those look AMAZING!!!

Thanks! :)

Yes sir amazing looking shots there and like said above is moma is happy everybody is happy.

Thanks Warren! I am lucky enough that my wife loves meat as much as I do, so she's easy to please...at least when it comes to 'cue! LOL

WOW! incredible. How long did you smoke them? or did you do an internal temp of the sausage? I hope you took care of that pup and gave him a few? I could not resist a face like that.

Thanks bud! Smoked for a little over 90 minutes. Pup didn't get any...my wife would have slapped me! Not cause I was feeding the dog, but that it would be one less for her!

She only had 3 or 4 but quickly stored them away so that she could have the rest the next day!

Man those look good! Nice cook!

Thanks Smokin, they were delicious!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky