PID Controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Young_Bourg

Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
Hello again folks!

I am looking into getting a PID for my Smokintex 1460 to mitigate swings in temps and have more reliable cooks. I have seen a lot of people saying the Auber ws1200 is great, but I am having a lot of issues sourcing one as I am in the Great White North. Wondering if there are any other PIDs that folks could put me onto that could help with what I need? Thanks!

Hello again folks!

I am looking into getting a PID for my Smokintex 1460 to mitigate swings in temps and have more reliable cooks. I have seen a lot of people saying the Auber ws1200 is great, but I am having a lot of issues sourcing one as I am in the Great White North. Wondering if there are any other PIDs that folks could put me onto that could help with what I need? Thanks!
Auber does ship to Canada but depending on where you're at it could be a few week wait and I don't know how badly customs would work you over.

" For international packages shipped by USPS, the transit time varies from country to country. In general, it takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive in the east coast of Canada, most European countries, and Australia. "

Auber does ship to Canada but depending on where you're at it could be a few week wait and I don't know how badly customs would work you over.

" For international packages shipped by USPS, the transit time varies from country to country. In general, it takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive in the east coast of Canada, most European countries, and Australia. "
Thanks for the information. Thats exactly what I am worried about to be honest. Canadian customs are highway bandits. So I am correct in my understanding that Auber is the only way to go here?

No thats just the way I went and the only one I'm familiar with. Theres a number of smarter than me guys here that have built their own PID's with readily available parts that may chime in. Steve H and tallbm for two. I think it was JC in GB that built some to sell but I don't know if he's still doing that.

Last I heard JC in GB JC in GB was still building them. And from the ones I've seen. They look very good. If you're handy with building things. You could make your own.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky