Pickled Eggs (Lazy Bear Method)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pickled Eggs (Lazy Bear Method)

Call it Recycling, or whatever---It works Great !!

If you buy & consume Pickled Red Beets, this really works good, and the eggs taste Great !
All you have to do is save the juice left over, after eating all the Beets in a store bought jar of Pickled Beets. Then put as many Hard Boiled Eggs that will fit, in place of the Beets. Leave eggs in for at least 3 weeks, and the pickling will get all the way to the yolk.
I usually reuse the juice for 2 or 3 times.

Give it a try!

Bear

Eat All Pickled Red Beets, and Save The Juice.
Replace Red Beets with Hard Boiled Eggs:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSC05038.jpg.html

After 3 weeks or more, remove what you want to eat, and slice in half:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSC05040.jpg.html

Add Salt & Pepper, and Enjoy:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSC05042.jpg.html

That's using your head.

We all like the easy stuff.

We use lots of pickled pepper slices at home.  Save the juice and use that to pickle eggs along with some Cajun seasoning.  We have one of those little egg slicer things that slices the egg into even thin slices.  They are great in salads or on crackers with stuff as game day appys.  I never tried reusing the vinegar but think I'll tryit since ya said its ok.  Thanks.

That's using your head.

We all like the easy stuff.
Thanks Farmer!!

I really am a "Lazy Bear"!!------Like This:

the ultimate recycle.......have the local mini-mart by you save the next empty jug & juice of Hot Mamas for you and load that juice up with eggs...YUM........Willie
Thanks Willie!!

Great idea!

I'm glad I posted this---Gonna be getting more Great ideas!!!

Bear

That looks great will have to try, But I don't think the wife will let me come in the house for awhile
th_crybaby2.gif
 Willie good idea on the hot mommas really like them.

When I lives at the beach a friend who owned the gas station mini-mart would put the eggs right in with the Hot Mamas. It was his $ 2.00 "breakfast special", sausage and eggs!

Hey Bear

Great idea.  I've got a jar of homemade pickled beets just about empty.  Will be filling it with eggs.  Something else I do.  When I finish off a storebought jar of hot banana peppers, I fill it up with stuffed olives and let it sit for about 3 weeks--nice.  But just so you know, they don't work well at all in a martini!!!  LOL

Gary

We use lots of pickled pepper slices at home.  Save the juice and use that to pickle eggs along with some Cajun seasoning.  We have one of those little egg slicer things that slices the egg into even thin slices.  They are great in salads or on crackers with stuff as game day appys.  I never tried reusing the vinegar but think I'll tryit since ya said its ok.  Thanks.
Sounds good !!

I gotta try some heat.

Bear

Har! I love the colour and I bet kids go nuts for them.

Disco
Thanks Disco!!

LOL---No kids here---All Mine!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

That looks great will have to try, But I don't think the wife will let me come in the house for awhile
th_crybaby2.gif
 Willie good idea on the hot mommas really like them.
Thank You!!

I gotta try some with heat too!

Bear
When I lives at the beach a friend who owned the gas station mini-mart would put the eggs right in with the Hot Mamas. It was his $ 2.00 "breakfast special", sausage and eggs!
MMmmmmm---Great Breakfast!!

Bear

Back in da day there was a lil barroom, deli, neighborhood hang out down the street from where I stayed.  Their happy hour special was pickled eggs and draft beer, both for 10 cents.  I would walk home from work or class (college daze) and stop in about 3 times a week.  For a doller ya could have 5 rounds.  Get a belly full and a buzz.

beercheer.gif
  The only problem was 2 dollars worth made the walk home lots harder and the morning after 'gas'  was epic.

Hey Bear

Great idea.  I've got a jar of homemade pickled beets just about empty.  Will be filling it with eggs.  Something else I do.  When I finish off a storebought jar of hot banana peppers, I fill it up with stuffed olives and let it sit for about 3 weeks--nice.  But just so you know, they don't work well at all in a martini!!!  LOL

Gary
Thanks Gary!!

I gotta try some of those other things too, like Heat & Dill.

The only other store bought jars of juice I ever tried was eggs in leftover "Vlassic Bread & Butter Pickles", and they weren't good at all.

Bear

Back in da day there was a lil barroom, deli, neighborhood hang out down the street from where I stayed.  Their happy hour special was pickled eggs and draft beer, both for 10 cents.  I would walk home from work or class (college daze) and stop in about 3 times a week.  For a doller ya could have 5 rounds.  Get a belly full and a buzz.

beercheer.gif
  The only problem was 2 dollars worth made the walk home lots harder and the morning after 'gas'  was epic.

Ah Yes---The good old days!!!  Don't get me started---I'd be boring people.

Bear

Fantastic to see! I love eggs, and yours look terrific!!!! Cheers! - Leah
Thank You, Leah!!

Bear

Cappy's stories are so damn good! And Bear is so masterful at this stuff! Fantastic!!! Cheers! - Leah
Thanks Leah!!

There are a lot of better cooks than me. I'm just good at making things easy to follow.

My Sister said I should have been a teacher, but I just couldn't wait for my own 12 years to end!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky